From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-26 15:32:18

{this message is being sent to borland.public.cppbuilder.language and to the
boost mailing list}

Hello,

Sometimes, if I use the boost tuples library (www.boost.org) I get:

  F1004 Internal compiler error at 0x127CB89 with base 0x1200000

in code that could be considered unrelated to the tuples library.

Today I've been able to boil down the problem to the following:

Consider:

#pragma hdrfile "csm\test.csm"
#include<boost/tuple/tuple.hpp>
#pragma hdrstop

int main(int , char* [])
{
  return 0;
}

The following occurs both with Builder C++ 5.0 Update pack #1 and bcc32.exe
(free compiler) with update pack #2.

If I compile this for the first time so that the precompiled header is
initially generated, there is no problem.
If I compile it again, so that the precompiled header IS USED, I get the
internal compiler error shown above.

Indeed, the problem is related to the precompiled header initially generated
or its usage.

I played with the compiler options and found that the problem occurs *only*
if debug information is used (option: -v).
AFAIK, there's no other compiler option that affects this outcome.

Does anyone know of a workaround? Unfortunately, I just can't leave debug
information off while using this library in production code, and I really
would like to seriously use it.

TIA,

--
Fernando Cacciola