From: Gabriel Dos Reis (Gabriel.Dos-Reis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-29 13:48:45

Karl Nelson <kenelson_at_[hidden]> writes:

[...]

| I do think the level of meta programming being done in some
| of these boost libraries is a clear indicator that something
| in the core language is broken. If seems where we are trying to
| take C++ is outside the designed scope of were templates were
| intended. SigC++ is outragous enough with ~4000 lines of templates.
| (Generated mainly with m4) The single bind adaptor in boost is
| ~2700 lines. C++ clearly lacks a replacement for "foo(...)" and
| it shows.

I must confess that I'm now confused about you do really want Boost to
do with your library. Do you want Boost to change the core language?
Do want to have Boost consider your library, or are you arguing that
your library could not be considered for inclusion because Boost
doesn't have project to change the code language?

-- Gaby