From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2001-12-29 14:56:45

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Myers" :

> A bit set implementation (sparse or otherwise) wouldn't be useful in my
> application. It will be easy to add general set operations to extent_set
> if anybody finds them valuable; in my application the greater efficiency
> of the more-restricted interface matters, and the preconditions matter not
> at all.

The sparse bit set implemented as range-runs is a superset of
the extent set. Internally it's almost alike. I haven't checked but
performance wise, the extent set shouldn't be much faster than
the range-run in the average case especially if you are not inserting
or removing overlapping ranges anyway. I haven't done some profiling
though and perhaps I am wrong.

--Joel