From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-01 12:55:19

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
> Sure, but how do we collect the data? I don't think asking people
to post to
> the list is appropriate, and it will probably discourage responses.

Add a mailto: link on the web page for this. Insure people that
information will be kept confidential and publish only generic usage
statistics. Have the mail link go to someone's private e-mail
address (this could even be a special address set up using one of the
free mail servers such as Hotmail or Yahoo). Someone would have to
volunteer to do the work of compiling information gathered in this
manner. The results will still not be overly accurate, however. As
a volunteer poll you can expect a very low percentage of users
actually participating.

Bill Kempf