From: Larry Evans (jcampbell3_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-02 11:31:19

John Maddock wrote:

> The first in a series of reviews begins today, with a review of Ronald
> Garcia's multi_array submission.
>
> The files for this review can be found at:
>
> The review will run from Today (2nd Jan) until the 12th of Jan, and I will
> be acting as review manager.
>
> Please include in your comments whether you think the library should be
> included or not.

Could someone compare this method for accessing subarrays with the one in:

      _An APL Compiler_
     Timothy Budd
      Springer-Verlag(1988)

Budd did a lot of analysis of the speed and memory requirements and
his methods included very simple ways to do transposes and slices and
rotations and other transforms. Using some of his ideas might improve
multi_array and enable it to be better optimized by some compilers.