From: adam_winkler (adam_winkler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-03 19:21:39

Hi there,

I have recently begun using boost and I really like what I have seen
so far (memory pools, smart pointers and some mutex/thread stuff)!

I'd just like to request a thread-safe shared pointer class. Unlike
many other smart pointers, it seems to me that shared pointers are,
by their very (shared) nature, likely to need thread-safety. For
instance, I have never needed a thread-safe auto_ptr, since I tend to
use auto_ptr for things that have a single owner. However, in my
application, I share objects between different threads and, thus, I
need the threadsafety...

Cheers and thanks for all of your efforts to date,

~ Adam Winkler