From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-08 11:38:16

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Maddock" :

> >I'm looking for some help from a Borland expert --
>
> It looks as though Borland's compiler includes some built-in concept
> checking for standard library functions, but it also looks somewhat broken.
> When I try to compile counting_iterator_test.cpp with Borland it gives me
> lots of incorrect warnings about random access iterators being output
> iterators. I know the iterator tag is correct at least; I verified it with
> STATIC_ASSERT(). Does anyone have a clue why this is happening, and how to
> work around it?
> <
>
> Dave, this file is misbehaving for me - I can compile from the command line
> without errors, but not from the IDE (from which I get an internal compiler
> error), I may not have my cvs up to date though as sourceforge seems to be
> down now.

We've had this problem before. We found out that the IDE has a different
preset settings than the command line compiler. The default compiler options
are different. (Actually, the IDE invokes the compiler with options that override
the "stock" default settings.) If the -Ve flag is set to your build, the compiler
reports an "internal compiler error". -Ve is the setting for the "zero-length
empty base class" setting. It should be on by default, but it shouldn't be
causing any internal errors.

We get ICE with Spirit when -Ve is set.
I hope someone has a workaround here.

Hope this helps.