From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-10 22:56:06

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lie-Quan Lee" <llee_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [boost] BGL experience report and question

> > > Where is mutable_queue documented?
> >
> > That is why you should buy the book :-) Last a couple months we were
> > mostly focusing on our book. We have not had time to update/add some
> > html docs yet.
> >

> This mutable_queue adaptor provides a special kind of priority queue
> (implemented on a heap) that has an update operation. This allows the
> ordering of the items to change. After the ordering criterion for item x
> changes, one must call the Q.update(x). In order to
> efficiently find x in the queue, a functor must be provided to
> map x to a unique ID, which the mutable_queue then
> uses to map to the location of the item in the heap. The IDs generated
> must be between 0 and N, where N is the value passed to the
> constructor of mutable_queue.

So, that bounds the maximum size of the queue?

I don't think that would be acceptable in my case, since I don't know the
size of the state space a priori.

Anyway, I don't see why I'd need to change the priority of a state, do you?
The estimate of distance to goal (which is used as the ordering criterion)
doesn't change throughout the search.

-Dave