From: Lee Brown (lee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-13 15:51:47

> > Isn't it the point of /generic policy based programming to
> > eliminate long drawn out decision making? I mean if the experts can't get
>> it right quickly, what chance does your typical programmer have? I think he
> > would starve.
>
> I think Loki does a reasonable job at making it easy for system designers
> to implement and maintain their designs. Still many decisions belong to
> them.

Yes. Loki is amazing. But that is not quite what I meant. I was speaking
of generic programming in general. It is supposed to reduce the angst of
decision making, but perhaps it just gives more problems to think about.
Problems that even the best cannot decide what the best course of action
to take is.

This is just a genuine concern.

> > 2) What exactly is the defininition of a policy?
> There's no rigurous definition that I know of.

It might be helpful to have one. So people are discussing
substance rather than semantics. Just a suggestion.

I am really flattered that some people found my email worthy of
response.

lee