From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-14 10:33:09

--- In boost_at_y..., "Steve M. Robbins" <steven.robbins_at_v...> wrote:

> The lack of shared lib for the thread and python parts of boost is a
> question of someone getting around to writing the jam rules? Or is
it
> that they ought not to have one?

I can only speak for Boost.Threads. Shared library versions don't
exist because they require (non-trivial) code changes to make them
work on Win32. I'm not familiar with other platforms, so if they
don't require such code changes maybe we can add Jam rules specific
to individual platforms to get shared libraries today. I'll provide
Win32 shared libraries when I can work through the code changes
required.

Bill Kempf