From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-14 11:36:14

Patrick Guio wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have written a parser class and I wanted to know whether it could be of
> any interest to be included in the boost system. Here is a short
> description of it.
> This class is meant to be used in two ways, either to be included in
> another class as an inherited class and/or to be included in the main
> routine.

Well, up to this moment I was pretty sure your parser is the parser in the
conventional sense (LR or LL) :-)

> As an example, the class Parser can be used in the class Foo as
>
> class Foo : public Parser {
> Foo::Foo(int nargs, char *args[]);
> private:
> enum { var1_enum, ... };
> int var1;
> };

Ah, so this is command line parser! Actually, I have been promising to finish
one soon for a long time. At this moment what is missing from my code is
support for sundry styles of options and checking from ambiguity. From code
examples that you've given, I'm not sure about:
i) Can be have validation of input arguments
ii) How such thing as '-I' option to a compiler may be implemented (example
please).
ii) Is there low-level access to parsed options, such as in form of
vector< pair<string,/*option*/ string /*value*/> >

- Volodya