From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-14 13:15:20

At 10:12 AM 1/14/2002, bill_kempf wrote:

>Cancellation is being evaluated, and will eventually be added to
>Boost.Threads. Because of the issues above, however, I can't predict
>when this will be.

I don't have any problem with cancellation being excluded until it can be
done right.

I'm guessing that at least some of the time when people ask for thread
cancellation, there is some other mechanism which will often serve. If
that's correct, do we have a write-up of "how to simulate
thread-cancellation"? The FAQ entry for cancellation could link to it.

--Beman