From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-15 04:14:51

Asger Alstrup Nielsen wrote:

> However, transitive_closure does not work with Visual Studio 6:

> ../boost\boost/graph/vector_as_graph.hpp(59) : fatal error C1189: #error :
> The vector-as-graph module requires a compiler that supports partial
> specialization

> Does anybody have a version of transitive_closure that works for VC6?

I don't think this problem is related to transitive_closure at all -- it's
related to vector_as_graph, which is used in the test but not in the
algorithm.

> The best algorithms I know for the general, static problem is the one
> mentioned in the first paper on:

> http://www.cs.hut.fi/~enu/tc.html

> I don't know how this relates to the one in Boost. It might have a smaller
> constant-factor, but I don't know.

The algorithm described there is more elaborated than the one in boost, and
should be faster. Is there much interest in replacing the current
transitive_closure? (And, actually, I'm not sure I have much time for that
:-) ).

- Volodya