From: Jason Shirk (jasonsh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-15 13:42:55

It's worth noting other compilers support the old style with a command
line switch (notably GCC and Comeau, not sure about others.)

So anything that Boost might do in this area would not be VC specific.

I think this is a very reasonable case of "rely on the lowest common
denominator" and don't rely on the conforming for init scoping in Boost
code.

BTW, VC7 does support the conforming behavior, and you can even turn it
on and off on a per header basis via a pragma.

Jason Shirk
VC++ Compiler Team