From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-16 13:54:07

--- In boost_at_y..., "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_m...> wrote:
> From: "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...>
> > Do you feel that someone is failing to account for the
considerable
> > experience of the pthreads committee? That would certainly be a
mistake,
> but
> > I didn't notice it happening.
>
> Did you notice any communication with any member of the pthreads
committee
> happening? ;-)

No, although there's been plenty of communication with other experts
in this field. Not contacting any members does not indicate
any "failing to account for the considerable experience of the
pthreads committee", though. After all, we've paid attention to any
rationale they've documented.

I do plan on actively seeking out those who took part in the pthread
standards development in the very near future (as well as other
experts from other efforts, such as those working on the corrections
to the Java threading model).

Bill Kempf