From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-17 12:04:08

Ed, all your points are well-taken. An important reason for spaces-only is
simply that when multiple people touch a file, it's very likely that someone
will replace a tab with spaces and mess up the alignment. We can't legislate
all-tabs, because that would require that all files are alignment-agnostic.
So, the most reliable viable approach is to require all-spaces.

-Dave