From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-18 09:22:50

On Thursday 17 January 2002 03:19 pm, you wrote:
> If I understand you correctly, this model forces the programmer into
> writing code like this:
>
> // Pseudo-code
> while ((arg = parser(i, j)) != PARSE_END) {
> // Do something with this argument
> }
>
> Other bits of discussion have focused on speparating syntax
>
> analysis and semantic action. This model doesn't allow that
> unless "Do something with this argument" builds an AST or
> parse tree, which a parser should already do.

I depends on how you define the Parser concept, of course. It could return an
AST,or perhaps an argument*, where argument is a class that can contain any
argument that will be passed to the user. The interface between the CLA
parser and other arbitrary parsers need not equal the interface between the
user and the CLA parser.

        Doug