From: terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-18 10:18:20

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:
[...]
> > bad_cast, for example, has REALLY BAD MEANING. Do
> ^^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^^^^^
> {You may not know this, but ALL CAPS is generally accepted as the
email
> equivalent of shouting. As such, frequent use of all caps is one of
the
> inflammatory styles of posting, I'm trying to discourage people
from using
> at boost. Please refrain. If you need to emphasize, you can do it
like
> *this*, like /this/, or like _this_, for example. Thanks -mod/dwa}

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_umsgid=782ohi%24o373%
40nntp.cig.mot.com

"The "Netiquette rule" about caps as shouting
 refers to (most by example) to complete articles,
 paragraphs, sentences, and clauses; and not so
 much to individual words or terms or concepts.
 IMHO, if there are people out there with the
 impression that all caps ALWAYS means shouting,
 then we need to let them know that is not the
 case. But I don't think it would be right to
 refrain from caps altogether because of folks
 that had the misfortune of having only ever
 seen them used for more inflammatory statements.
 They serve many good non-inflammatory uses that
 I would not be amenable to throwing out along
 with the abuses."

regards,
alexander.