From: joel de guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 11:44:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vladimir Prus"

> And how do I specify that "-xy" should be treated as two options when 'x'
> takes no parameter and as an option with parameter otherwise? How will I
> detect the case when there short option "f" and there's long option "foo", in
> which case "-f" can mean either the short option or the abbreviated long one?

Please... It will do us all good if we stop this endless "how do I" barrage
of questions. After all, it was you, not us, who was asked the original
"why reinvent the wheel" question. Please do not pass on the burden of
proof to someone else. All I can say is that this can be done, and much more.
If you are really interested to learn how, which I doubt, I am sure you'll get
your answers by understanding the concepts behind the framework.

Again, no one is trying to sell you anything. If you think that a hand coded
parser is the best way to go for the CLA, by all means go for it. I am sure
you will arrive at a nice and useful solution that people will benefit from.

Regards,
--Joel