From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-21 21:53:23

> In addition, the predefined policies need to be tested as well. This can
be
> done policy by policy if each policy has a formal specification and their
> behavior is not affected by the parent SmartPtr (which implies no
> interaction between policies.)

I think that that's the main point. As long as policies are orthogonal, they
can be tested in isolation. For example, if CheckingPolicy doesn't interact
with any other policy, a suite can test all CheckingPolicy implementations
using some arbitrary choices for the other policies.

Otherwise, I was thinking of a testing strategy similar to Jeremy's - tests
are generated by templates, and testing specific cases/behaviors are modeled
with specialization of the test cases.

Andrei

Check out THE C++ Seminar: 3 Days with 5 Experts
http://www.gotw.ca/cpp_seminar/