From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-22 08:51:53

From: "demyn1" <demyn1_at_[hidden]>
> I'm using the latest Dinkumware (3.08) and boost 1.26 with MSVC6
> sp5. For some reason BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE is not getting defined,
> or at least, when I define it myself a bunch of:
>
> 'size_t' : is not a member of 'std'
>
> and errors go away.
>
> Is this a problem in boost's configuration or do you think it's
> something in my setup?

Dinkumware puts the names in std:: when _GLOBAL_USING is #defined to 1 in
<yvals.h>. The configuration header "boost/config/stdlib/dinkumware.hpp"
tries to detect this:

# if !(defined(_GLOBAL_USING) && (_GLOBAL_USING+0 > 0)) && !defined(_STD)
// can be defined in yvals.h
# define BOOST_NO_STDC_NAMESPACE
# endif

I don't know why it doesn't work for you; probably because of the
defined(_STD) check.

--
Peter Dimov
Multi Media Ltd.