From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-22 09:27:57

At 04:26 PM 1/21/2002, Douglas Gregor wrote:

>On Monday 21 January 2002 03:40 pm, you wrote:
>> At 11:36 AM 1/21/2002, Douglas Gregor wrote:
>> > The use of a Dart dashboard would meet or exceed Boost's regression
>> >testing needs.
>>
>> I'm interested in Dart dashboard, but don't see how Boost could give up
>> control of our regression testing to a third-party.
>
>I'm not quite sure what you mean by "control" with respect to regression
>testing.

I'm not sure either. Certainly stuff that I run locally is much easier to
deal with than stuff run remotely. The more communication with others, the
more difficult. Formats that we define, and can change at will, are better
than formats defined by others.

Probably a lot of the problem is that I am already overloaded with
administrivia. My ability to learn new things is also already being taxed;
I'm spending too many evenings and weekends reading about and testing new
(to me) technologies. Some of that is Boost related, some non-Boost
related. But the thought of learning yet another technology isn't
attractive at the moment. That's my problem, not Dart's, but it is still
there.

--Beman