From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-22 12:47:10

> For example, let's say StoragePolicy is specified to always supply one
type
> (say pointer_type) and one function (say get()) via its public interface.
>
> An OwnershipPolicy which accesses a StoragePolicy can still be tested in
> isolation. Its test driver will have to supply one or more dummy
> StoragePolicys which meet the requirements (supply well-formed
pointer_type
> and get()) but do nothing more.

So it seems that a white-box approach is the way to go.

I'll post soon a smart_ptr2.hpp header to the files area (almost done with
the conversion script) so if anyone could volunteer to write a couple of (as
in 360 :o)) sample test cases for it, that would be a good start.

Andrei

Check out THE C++ Seminar: 3 Days with 5 Experts
http://www.gotw.ca/cpp_seminar/