From: rgarcia1771 (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-22 13:45:46

Greetings,

--- In boost_at_y..., Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_s...> wrote:

> The most important difference with Blitz++ is that slicing in Blitz++
> speak means also reducing the order of the array. In ublas &
> multi_array, slicing means a 'strided range'. I think it is
important to
> define concepts in conformance with Blitz++ as it's still one of the
> default array libraries out there.

I didn't mean to refer to "slicing" in the multi_array documentation.
 I am in the process of rewriting it. If I recall correctly, the
Blitz documentation separates the ideas of "subarray" and "slicing"
(I'll have to check). I meant to combine the concepts under the idea
of "views." What Blitz refers to as a slice, I meant to be a
considered a view with degenerate dimensions. I would like the
terminology to be at least self-consistent.

Ron