From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 08:16:24

At 11:36 AM 1/22/2002, David Abrahams wrote:

> [...]

Well, let's give it a try for a release or two.

I'll update the procedure doc accordingly.

What would be a help is if you would figure out the command line cvs
procedure for the following scenario:

Developer's working copy contains the (possibly slightly out-of-date with
respect to the repository) main trunk with some new work-in-progress
changes made to unrelated files. Developer wants to fix a bug in a release
candidate file. What is the procedure so that at completion:

* Both the repository main trunk and release candidate branch have the bug
fix applied.

* The developer's working copy is set back to the main trunk again, and his
or her work-in-progress is still present as are the bug fixes.

I'll work out and test the same procedure for a WinCVS developer.

--Beman