From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 12:36:27

On 1/23/02 7:23 AM, "Douglas Gregor" <gregod_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> GCC using libstdc++-v2 is missing the std::boolalpha and std::noboolalpha
> I/O manipulators, which causes the libs/array/array5.cpp testcase to fail
> under GCC 2.95.x.
> Shall I add a BOOST_NO_BOOLALPHA configuration macro, to be set in
> config/stdlib/sgi.hpp in the libstdc++-v2 section?

I don't think that working boolalpha support is relevant to the array
library. So I think that adding BOOST_NO_BOOLALPHA would be overkill.
Instead, perhaps we can just dumb down array5.cpp by doing

    (a.empty() ? "true" : "false")

and adding a comment that explains why we don't use boolalpha.

I'd feel differently if the boolalpha feature was more closely related to
the class being tested.

    -- Darin