From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 15:16:13

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jani Kajala" <jani_at_[hidden]>

> Is there any interest in getting this kind of class to Boost? I have
already
> done this class before, but I'd like to hear some comments before
submitting
> anything. Other classes related to this could be for example "auto_cd"
current
> working directory changer which would change the cwd back at the dtor.

I agree. I want this. I always thought the idea of a directory iterator was
very limiting compared to what's needed.

> Some issues:
> * Absolute path names containing drive letter are still not portable.
> * Case-sensitiveness is still platform dependent

I suggest you look at
http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-os.path.html, which has always
proven satsifactory for my needs. Note that all the source is available for
any platforms supported by Python, so there's no question of
implementability.

-Dave