From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-23 17:13:48

On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 09:55, rogeeff wrote:
> PART 1. MSVC compilation and testing
>
> I was able to compile format library unver MSVC6SP5 with STLPort 4.5.
> I was forced to make several modifications to the code to do so.

I think I fixed all the causes of trouble for MSVC you had described
(using BOOST_NO_CV_SPECIALIZATIONS and BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS
from boost/config.hpp )

I also deeply re-factored the code into natural blocks

and got rid of the code duplication between const and non-const
overloads.

I uploaded that as 1.35
It is not a newer review candidate, since I hardly updated the
documentation or comments.

but I'd like to know if it compiles with MSVC.
 - I think I will have access to a PC with MSVC by next week, so don't
spend your time on that if it does not compile, I'll be happy with just
the error messages, and anyhow I'll eventually be able to try it on MSVC
myself.

Particularly, I'm not sure the
friend std::basic_ostream<Ch, Tr>&
operator<< <Ch, Tr> ( std::basic_ostream<Ch, Tr>& , const basic_format&
);
is accepted by VC++. (I replaced '<>' by '<Ch, Tr>')
If this still does not work, I'll have to use #ifdef and write a special
case without any '< .. >' for MSVC)

regards,

--
Samuel