From: emilyw_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-01-24 07:50:55

jackthompson99 wrote:

> > While I agree that "varlist" was a nasty name, I'm not sold on
> > associative_list. It has an lot of syllables (but not as many as
> > const_associative_list_iterator...), and makes it difficult to keep line
> > length
> > down. I think multimap (thanks Dave) is almost right, except this thing
> > doesn't have the logarithmic-time lookup of multimap. I suppose I could go
> > with assoc_list, but that's unpronounceable. Any other ideas?
>
> Ever think of just using the name "heterogeny", or "heterogenous"?
> Maybe even "heter_list" or "HeterList".

The boost tuple class is a heterogenous list. Mine is an associative heterogenous list. I think const_associative_heterogenous_list_iterator is getting a little much :)

Other problems with the word "heterogenous" is that it has two possible spellings. (The other one is "heterogeneous").

At the moment I think I'm going with associative_list. After all, long names are what typedefs are for...

Emily