From: Lee Brown (lee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-24 14:43:39

> sense that there tends to be a far amount of disagreements that
> amounts to a "on Windows, I have done this" and "with Pthreads, I
> would have done the other." Well, I am a developer who has a POSIX
> bias; i.e. I don't know Windows and have never written a line on it.
> What I really would love to have would be POSIX++, a standard for C++
> interfaces to system functionality as POSIX is for C. I would love to
> have Pthreads++, for example.

I am convinced that these disagreements are unnecessary. No doubt there
are choices to be made. With policy based design, most choices may be
implemented within one framework. This is ,after all, the reason for policy
based design in the first place. It makes "my way or the highway" less of an
issue. It lets the user do things the way they want. It gives them all the
choices (perhaps recommending one) . Choice is what freedom is about.

God bless America!

Lee