From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-25 08:06:52

On Friday 25 January 2002 13:51, you wrote:
> [...]

In case you refer to:

base_type base() const;
Return a copy of the base object.

Unless I am missing something terrible obvious this is exactly the problem.
If the policies would use this member they would not work, as base() const is
documented to return a _copy_ of the base iterator and the policies work by
modifying the base iterator.

> > As a result the reader
> > (at least me) is unable to fathom how the default_policies work unless he
>
> has
>
> > a look in the header.
> >
> > I think a small comment on this would make the interaction much easier to
> > understand.
>
> It sounds like your boost release is outdated, or maybe you missed the doc?

I checked the CVS version.

Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Witt
Institut fuer Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau und -betrieb, Universitaet Hannover