From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-25 14:48:40

When a submitter requests a formal review, I've always rounded up someone
to be the review manager. That isn't very hard to do; sometimes the review
manager at the top of the queue is busy, and then the second-in-line is
queried. One or two emails and it is usually done.

But sometimes I'm busy, out-of-town, or just plain procrastinate. This has
caused several delays. For example, Doug Gregor's signal library is ready
for formal review but I haven't found a review manager for it yet.

Is there a better way?

We now have a schedule page. See
http://www.boost.org/more/formal_review_schedule.html

Perhaps instead of emailing me to ask for a formal review, the developer
could just contact the next person or two at the top of the queue, and they
could work out the schedule between themselves. Cut out the middle man, so
to speak.

Will this work? Does anyone have a better suggestion?

Presumably we could reformat the schedule page a bit to make it the
ordering of the review manager queue a bit more obvious.

--Beman

PS: Please feel free to volunteer as a review manager. Contact me
privately.