From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-26 13:37:14

> > What would a program do when fclose fails?
>
> This question can hardly be answered generally.

Indeed. I guess as a user I'd like to see the app dsplaying an appropriate
message at least to warn me that something bad might have happen. This is
questionable, but I think it's in the realm of funcitonality that you can
pretend. A smart_file library that wouldn't allow you to do that would be
having a problem. So you should be able to detach the file and close it
manually if you so wish. Here the release() issue appears again.

Andrei

Check out THE C++ Seminar: 3 Days with 5 Experts
http://www.gotw.ca/cpp_seminar/