From: Lee Brown (lee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-26 20:01:01

On Saturday 26 January 2002 11:17, you wrote:
> > > In what way does introducing policies and abstraction simplify and
clarify the boost::scoped_ptr. The task of this class is incredibly simply,

> 1. You do need to have powerful smart pointers library so that people don't
> reinvent them all the time.

Yes. The goal is to do once and never do again. Policies and templates are
tools for this. I think repetitiion is indicative of abstraction.

> Seems like a Loki-like implementation would be
> acceptable as long as it's not Loki itself.

_Now_ you're getting it ;-)

I enjoyed this discussion. It gave much to meditate about.

Lee