From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-27 13:05:49

The circumstances under which this macro is tested is a bit strange. Looking
at its testcase, boost_has_pthread_ma_gt.cxx, one isn't sure whether we're
testing for the existence of pthread_mutexattr_settype or
pthread_mutexattr_gettype. It turns out that there are platforms where one
exists but the other does not (FreeBSD 3.4 has the "set" but not the "get").

I've split this testcase into two testcases with two macros, one for the set
and one for the get. To cover FreeBSD 3.x appropriately, we need to add:

#if !defined(__FreeBSD__) || (__FreeBSD__ >= 4)
# define BOOST_HAS_PTHREAD_MUTEXATTR_GETTYPE
#endif

to boost/config/platform/bsd.hpp

I can commit all of the changes to CVS head, or stick them on a branch to be
reviewed. Creating patches with new files in them is annoying :)

        Doug