From: Bill Seymour (bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-28 12:21:39

Darin wrote:

> Poor practice, deprecated, two ways to say the same thing.

Not really. In standards parlance, to say that a feature is
deprecated means "Be advised that this feature will likely
disappear in future versions." That's a lot stronger than
saying, "Using this feature is frowned upon by experts."

> Paths don't work to uniquely identify files on [Mac OS 9].

I think we might be having a semantic problem here. Surely
any OS needs some way for a user to uniquely identify a file.
Whatever that way is is what I would call a path. Am I
missing something?

--Bill Seymour