From: Jim.Hyslop (jim.hyslop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-28 14:01:04

Bill Seymour <bill-at-the-office_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Darin wrote:
> >
> > Poor practice, deprecated, two ways to say the same thing.
> >

> Not really. In standards parlance, to say that a feature is
> deprecated means "Be advised that this feature will likely
> disappear in future versions." That's a lot stronger than
> saying, "Using this feature is frowned upon by experts."
In the context of the current discussion, though, there is no Standards Body
involved. Only one company is involved, so we must fall back on the
dictionary definition. According to www.yourdictionary.com
(Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary online), deprecate means "to
express disapproval of".

--
Jim