From: Fernando Cacciola (fcacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-28 14:36:09

> > But how would function<> ensure the proper
> > alignment for the function object type?
>
> That shouldn't be hard if we wanted it. After all, we have
> 'boost::alignment_of', Fernando Cacciola's "aligned_storage.hpp"
(somewhere
> in the vault, I believe), and Andrei's paper -
> http://www.oonumerics.org/tmpw01/alexandrescu.pdf - seems to provide a
> solution as well.
>
> Aleksey

aligned_storage.hpp can be found inside the folder 'class optional' on the
Files Section.
It is based on work initiated by Douglas Gregor, which uses a technique
similar to that in Andrei's paper.
Brian Parker also submitted a equivalent class, which can be found at:
bjp_utilities04112001.zip, in the Files Section.

I think it could be a good idea to formalize these works and have such a
facility in boost.

Fernando Cacciola
Sierra s.r.l.
fcacciola_at_[hidden]