From: George A. Heintzelman (georgeh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-28 14:51:25

> Finally, I thought it might be cute if data member pointers would be treated
> as accessor functions by function/bind/mem_fn. Just a crazy idea...

Not so crazy. I've thought about trying to do this myself. Rather than
modify bind, I have used locally a mem_data(ptr-to-data-member) functor
which creates such an accessor function. Making bind auto-recognize
this like it does for mem_fn, IMHO, would be just fine. The only real
issue is that you really do want con

I've found this very useful, since often the best uses for bind are
when the data structure is a quick little internally-used struct, POD
or nearly so, and the struct-writers haven't supplied accessor
functions; adding them just clutters the interface. And writing them as
free functions is tedious. So, it would be a worthwhile addition to
function and bind.

George Heintzelman
georgeh_at_[hidden]