From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-28 15:46:04

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, rogeeff wrote:

rogeef> We could add this as unit test framework extention. But,

Yes, we really need to whole sub-library on generic tests on concepts.
I've got the beginnings of generic iterators tests in
boost/pending/iterator_tests.hpp, so I could polish those up and add them.

rogeef> 1. Why this algorithm?

What algorithm? He's testing the Strict Weak Ordering *concept*. See

http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/StrictWeakOrdering.html

rogeef> 2. What other algorithms we may consider?

s/algorithms/concepts/

The other concepts that should be considered are all those used in the
STL: these include iterator, container, and function object concepts.

rogeef> 3. Who are intended users for this?

Mainly library writers, such as Boost developers. But also any
user building classes that should model STL concepts.

For strict weak ordering in particular, for example, see item 21 in Scott
Meyers' Effective STL book.

Cheers,
Jeremy

 Jeremy Siek http://php.indiana.edu/~jsiek/
 Ph.D. Student, Indiana Univ. B'ton email: jsiek_at_[hidden]
 C++ Booster (http://www.boost.org) office phone: (812) 855-3608