From: Ben Nason (benbuck_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-29 15:19:20

I use Boost to develop for the Nintendo GameBoy Advance (AGB) and
have made a few minor tweaks to the Boost distribution to support
this platform and it's corresponding compiler. The two main
reasons I have had to make changes are:

1) The build of gcc distributed by Nintendo in the official devkit
reports its version number as 2.9, when it really seems to be 2.90.
This of course causes problems in the Boost compiler selection
header.

2) The AGB is a very limited hardware platform (16Mhz CPU, 256K of
RAM), and it makes sense to not use some C++ features in an
environment like this. We have chosen to not use C++ exceptions
in order to avoid any possible runtime overhead associated with
them. Also, using the normal system assert() call doesn't make
much sense, so we override it in our project files but we also
have to override it in Boost before any of the Boost headers
include <cassert>. Additionally, there are some minor platform
specific things that we configure, such as BOOST_NO_LONG_LONG and
BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS.

So I would like to submit these changes for possible inclusion in
a future release of Boost, and am just wondering what's the best
way to go about it in this situation? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben Nason