From: Darin Adler (darin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-30 02:11:24

On 1/29/02 7:45 PM, "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> How should the BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS macro interact with
> boost/limits.hpp?
>
> In order to suppress warnings generated by numeric_cast with MinGW, I had to
> change checks to:
>
> #if !defined(BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS) ||
> defined(BOOST_SGI_CPP_LIMITS)
>
> ...which looks at the #include guard for boost/limits (ick). I think it
> would be a mistake to turn off BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS inside
> limits.hpp because of ODR implications. Maybe we need another macro that
> says whether we have the constants after including boost/limits.hpp?

My preference would be to have <boost/limits.hpp> change the state of
BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS to reflect the change in status. If
<boost/limits.hpp> defines compile time constant versions of the limits,
then it can #undef BOOST_NO_LIMITS_COMPILE_TIME_CONSTANTS.

Any reason not to do this?

    -- Darin