From: Synge Todo (wistaria_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-30 14:33:01

Thanks a lots of comments.

From: "rwgk" <rwgk_at_[hidden]>
Subject: [boost] Re: STL container of fixed capacity but variable size
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:33:26 -0000
> --- In boost_at_y..., Synge Todo <wistaria_at_i...> wrote:
> > Dear Boosters,
> >
> > I would like to propose an STL container of fixed capacity but
> > variable size.
>
> Looks like many people are reinventing the wheel over and
> over again.

I totally agree. I never want to insist that this is my invention.

As many of you have responded already, this tiny trick could have a
great impact on performance (and possiblely space) in many
applications. It's very useful and also quite generic. I suspect
everybody (including myself) has written her/his `incomplete' class of
this kind once (or more), and is using it. This is nothing but
exhausting. I believe it's worth being in Boost and it should be.

This is the reason why I tried to write a `complete' version as far as
possible, and posted it to Boost.

I have changed the class name to `fixed_capacity_vector' and made
small modifications to it. You can find the updated version at