From: James Kanze (kanze_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-30 18:05:10

"Brey, Edward D" <EdwardDBrey_at_[hidden]> writes:

|> Do we need to put the width specifier in the placeholder at all?
|> Why not just put the width in a local manipulator?

Depending on the application, the width and the precision may depend on
the locale, and be determined by the translator. You don't use the same
precision when formatting Italian Lire as when formatting German Marks.

--
James Kanze                                mailto:kanze_at_[hidden]
Ziegelhüttenweg 17a, 60598 Frankfurt, Germany Tel. +49(0)179 2607481