From: Rainer Deyke (root_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-30 19:43:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "Karl Nelson" <kenelson_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Cc: <kenelson_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 4:39 PM
Subject: [boost] Preminary submission: format3

> Okay, given the wide ranging discussion on formatting, I have
> resubmitted my original format operator. (Thus placing the
> code where my mouth is.)

> Feedback welcome!

Overall, I like. Some comments:

  - The following should silently swallow the "foo" argument:

    cout << format("%2$s", "foo", "bar");

    Right now, it invokes undefined behavior.

  - 'bad_format_string' should derive from 'std::exception'.

  - There are several identifers and one macro (include guard) that
starts with two underscores. IIRC this names that start with two
underscores are reserved for the implementation by the standard.

  - Boost convention uses '.hpp' as the extension for header files and
'detail' as the name of the namespace containing implementation
details.

--
Rainer Deyke | root_at_[hidden] | http://rainerdeyke.com