From: Yitzhak Sapir (ysapir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-31 07:46:01

MSVC getting confused about the precompiled headers with anonymous
namespace is a bug in MSVC. Anonymous namespace should have been
transparent with regards to precompiled headers. Therefore, if "static"
fixes it in MSVC, then that's all that is needed. Then you can #ifdef
it in MSVC and non-MSVC wouldn't see the static. My test seems to show
that declaring it static fixes it. So I'd be happy with that.

Does Borland have a problem with the non-static definitions in the
anonymous namespace in precompiled headers?