From: dmoore99atwork (dmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-31 08:18:57

Hi,

In the context of this requirements document:

I am hoping to post a well documented set of thin wrappers by next
week that encapsulate the basic socket operations while factoring out
platform dependencies and IPv4 vs. IPv6.

The Socket++ library places a large emphasis on stream operations
(although the older, pre-standardization stream interfaces). From
what I've read here, the consensus is to build a stream interface on
top of the thin wrapper layer.

Regards,
Dave