From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-01-31 17:54:59

----- Original Message -----
From: "sfranke2000" <franke_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 1:29 PM
Subject: [boost] How to build Boost.Python examples with M$VC?

> I'm desperately trying to compile the examples in the
> ...\libs\python\build\build.dsw workspace with Visual
> Studio 6 SP5.
>
> After adjusting all paths in the project settings bpl_static
> compiles with a few warnings (see below), but I don't get any
> example project linked (in any configuration, see output for
> getting_started1 below) due to unresolved externals.
>
> I'm completely unable to interpret what's missing here.
> Can you help me?

Well, those projects haven't been maintained in a while and are most likely
out-of-date. The current recommended method is to use Boost.Jam with the
Jamfile in libs/python/build. That's how I build and test all the examples,
the comprehensive test, and libboostpython.dll.

If you need any help getting that to work, just let me know.

-Dave