From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-01 10:45:16

At 09:53 AM 2/1/2002, Daryle Walker wrote:

>It's at version 3 at:

>I want to request a formal review. The library isn't that
complicated. It
>uses macros; I tried a template-based alternative, but my compiler
doesn't
>accept value-based template parameters that are pointers-to-member, and
the
>library is too small to risk the heavy weight libraries like Bind.

Without even looking at the library, I've really got a problem with basing
design decisions on a compiler that is way out-of-date.

Daryle, I'm assuming you are still using Metrowerks 5.3. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but Metrowerks has released something like four releases since then.

You really need to bite the bullet and buy or upgrade to a more modern
system. Whether it is a Mac, Windows, or Linux box, it will let you
develop more modern libraries.

What do others think?

--Beman