From: boost (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-02-02 04:37:45

Salut,

On Friday 01 February 2002 21:22, jhrwalter wrote:
> --- In boost_at_y..., Peter Schmitteckert (boost) <boost_at_s...> wrote:

> > -> What's the "canonical" ublas way to specify the start of the
>
> memory block ?
>
> > Is &E[0] fine ?
> This could even work. In the long term I would prefer to add a
> (somewhat dangerous) accessor to the internal data pointers.

At least it does work. I tried it for zhpevd and for svd routines.

> > -> How do I get the leading dimension for matrix_ranges ?
>
> If I understand your question correctly, you also need access to the
> internal matrix reference of a matrix_range.

It would be sufficient to get the dimension of the underlying matrix.

> P.S.: Do you currently try to interface CLAPACK? If yes, you could
> get problems with 0 vs. 1 based indexing. Otherwise, you could get
> problems with the matrix storage layout ;-)

No, my aim is to interface to standard LaPack or to vendor specific
LA routines, which normally have similar interfaces than LaPack.

Best wishes,
Peter

P.S. Dear Joerg,
did you reveive my email I send to your t-online account in Dezember ?
I'm curious because it seems that several mails to t-online adresses got
lost.